At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to effectively manage the entire mediation process, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrating competence and confidence in initial phone calls, turning inquiries into mediations, and bringing the parties to the table with a mindset and readiness for resolution;
- Understanding and navigating the complex ethical issues surrounding disclosure and confidentiality to build a mediation practice based on integrity;
- Constructing an environment that fosters collaboration and agreement;
- Integrating the complexity of legal and factual issues with emotions and party dynamics;
- Understanding the dynamics of mediating with lawyers and insurance adjusters at the table while practice with real life case content;
- Employing adaptive negotiation strategies to lead the parties to agreement;
- Formulating creative and durable settlements.