LA Mediators

Mediators of Southern California

Dear LA Mediators

I hope the summer is treating you all well!  We are living in interesting times, and there are certainly many new opportunities for mediation and mediators!

Normally we take the Summer off.  But not this year!  We are convening in Santa Monica on August 12 to discuss deception.  This is a meeting you won't want to miss.  We have two presenters who have some very interesting views on the subject.  

One of our members, Darrell Forgey, and the Hon. Russell Bostrom, Ret., (both of whom are my colleagues at Judicate West) are the presenters at this meeting.  These two gentlemen are two of the busiest and most successful commercial mediators in town, having been named on multiple occasions by the Daily Journal as top 50 Neutrals in the State.  I am so pleased they are open to sharing their views on a controversial subject that always brings on a great discussion.

Our venue is the Santa Monica Library in the Main Community Meeting Room ( 2nd floor look for the signs) 601 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401.  We will go from 6-9 p.m.  

I am hopeful that there will be plenty of room as this is a larger than normal space for our meetings (which as you know end up being packed).  No alcohol allowed in the library, so our usual guests of honor will have to be reserved for another time.

I will act as moderator and provocateur.  Everyone has a viewpoint on this subject, and I encourage everyone to get into the discussion.  I for one learn something new from the group at our meetings and am know  that I become a better mediator after our meetings.  I hope you do too!

I hope to see everyone at the meeting, and maybe we will have room for folks new to the group.  As usual, please RSVP to Kym so we can get an accurate count.

Your president for life

Bob

Views: 29

Reply to This

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

American Institute of Mediation posted an event
Thumbnail

Mediating Commercial and Litigated Cases with Lee Jay Berman at American Institute of Mediation

May 16, 2017 to May 20, 2017
This program is a practical training course. While covering theory to give you a framework and the intellectual understanding of negotiation and mediation, this course is about learning. Our focus is on your doing, practicing and experimenting with negotiating and mediating. There is much to teach about mediation and negotiation, but one reason mediators fail is because they understand the theory, but cannot execute it when under the gun. In this course, you will mediate and negotiate your way…See More
Dec 16, 2016
American Institute of Mediation posted an event

Grow Your Mediation Practice Now! with Lee Jay Berman at American Institute of Mediation

January 28, 2017 from 9am to 4pm
We volunteer and we gripe.  We go to “networking” events, and don’t feel comfortable there or don’t know what to do.  Many of those trying to establish a career in mediation come from prior careers in law, mental health or education.  These three careers are among the weakest at marketing and self-promotion.  Our industry suffers unnecessarily because so many are highly skilled at mediating, and yet lack the skills that enable them to secure the opportunity to actually mediate.  In this course,…See More
Nov 7, 2016
Kym Adams Director of CEDRS updated an event

LA Mediators event March 23rd at Law Offices of Peter J. Babos

March 23, 2016 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Dear LA Mediators It’s time for our first meeting of 2016!  This year has already been moving at light speed, so we are going to meet Wednesday March 23rd, 2016 location to be announced, to discuss several interesting issues in mediation. Cocktail hour from 6pm to 6:30pm and meeting from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.  First, as I am going to be presenting at the upcoming International Academy of Mediators in March in New Zealand, I want to run through a part of that presentation that deals with working…See More
Feb 23, 2016
Bob Andersen is now a member of LA Mediators
Feb 20, 2016

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2017   Created by Kym Adams Director of CEDRS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service